Monday, April 26, 2010

Not yet engaged...but soon


My boyfriend and I are currently planning our wedding. No, we're not engaged...yet. Nor do I have a ring on my finger. But, he has this "great idea" about our engagement, so I'm being as patient as a bride-to-be can be.
We haven't let our non-engagement stand in the way of our wedding planning, though. We plan to marry in May or June of next year. We'd like to either be married in a farm, or in a loft space in NYC or Brooklyn. We both understand how different those ideas are, but we both have two different sides of us that we'd like to nurture - our earthy, nature side, and our city, party side.
I have found a wedding gown that I am in love with, and I'm looking forward to ordering it to try it on! I have decided that I want my bouquet to be comprised of spider mums, my late grandmother's favorite flower.
Also, we have picked who we want in our wedding party. We have a caterer in mind, just in case the venue we pick doesn't have catering. Furthermore, we have ideas for wedding bands - both the rings, and the music! My boyfriend, Brian, and I love funk music, so we're planning on having a funk band at our wedding. We also have picked our funky wedding song - Darling, Darling, Darling by The Meters, a New Orleans funk band.
Although we can't book anything yet (it's bad luck!), we have our hypothetical wedding completely planned! We're so excited to become a family! Now, I just have to be patient....


Vocabulary

Wedding (noun) - the ceremony where two people pledge to love each other forever
Engagement (noun) - when a man asks a woman to marry him
Nurture (verb) - to pay attention to, or take care of
Gown (noun) - a dress for special occasions, most likely floor-length
Bouquet (noun) - many flowers tied together with ribbon, which the bridal party carries during the ceremony
Hypothetical (adj) - to assume, a pretend plan


Fill in the blanks!

1. After my boyfriend proposed to me, we had an _________________ party.
2. Its important to __________________ a baby to ensure that he or she grows up properly.
3. For my wedding, my _________________ is filled with red roses!
4. When I'm a senior in High School, I want my __________________ to look elegant.
5. Although we can't say definitely, it's our ____________________ plan to have 5 people in our wedding party.
6. My fiancee and I are having our _____________________ in June!



Now you try!
I am planning a big party, and I'm getting everything organized! Why don't you plan a [i]hypothetical[/i] party! It can be a birthday party, a party for a friend, or you can even start planning your own wedding!


Grammar Point
I used a lot of transitional words in my paragraph. Can you point out the transitional words?

2 comments: